Wednesday 23 January 2008

Perugian Food.

So last night, Umbra hosted a Perugian dinner at this really nice 100% organic restaurant that's right in the center They had this man named Reberto (i think) talk about all the food we were being served and whatnot, it was cool. We started with a proscuitto and pecorina cheese platter, then a gorbanzo bean soup-type dish that i really enjoyed, then a chicken liver pate-i couldn't enjoy it, followed by a lamb stew made from the lungs and heart which was surprisingly good-i still couldn't really enjoy it, THEN tripe in a tomato sauce; and for those of you who do not know what tripe is, its cow intestine (once again i did not love), THEN a pasta dish that had duck meat sauce- it was okay, THEN a more plain pasta dish made with a tyipcal pasta shape of Umbria, but i forgot the name of it, THEN finally a panecotta which was this yummy fruit cake deal. The dolce (dessert) came was a strawberry liquer that is very hard to found and i think might even be illegal to buy? or something like. A friend of mine took detailed notes and pictures so ill be sure to get them from her.

Tonight, Umbra is hosting another dinner only this one is FREE. its in an hour so I'm outtie.

2 comments:

sweetxxavenue said...

Hi! I like hearing about all the food!! Oh and it's probably pointless to tell you now because you'll be there for a long while yet, but I definitely want something that says Perugia... I'm thinking more along the lines of a sweatshirt as opposed to a mug or shot glass, although I could get use out of those too.

I MISS YOU SO MUCH!! But I love looking at your photos and reading about everything.

I am thinking about starting my own blog about my boring life in New York so that you can read about it. Just do that you know what is going on with me. I love you!

<3 Jenny

Kris10 said...

do it. i need my jenny fix somehow and if if has to be via BLOG then so be it. NOICE NOICE NOICE OH COOL