Friday 11 January 2008

Mi appartemento.

HI! this is my first experience with 'blogging' so bare with me.
I want somewhere besides facebook to be able to post my photos from Italia and figured this was my best bet.

First and foremost, this is where i reside, Via Guerriera 18.
Let me tell about living situations here in Perugia, Italy. You are only allowed 6 hours of heating a day (at least thats what our landlord told us, apparently some of my other friends get away with more heat) This means that our heat goes from from 7am-9am and then again at 20:00-23:00 (8-11 in american time) Um bascically you shouldnt have your lights on like ever. In fact, when you walk into a building, you walk into total darkness and have to find your way to the light switch and then when you make it to the room you need to be in, you have to turn the lights off behind you. In other words, theres a light switch at the door to my apartment and then also switches by every apartment door. this to my just makes so much more sense! whats the point in keep an apartment hallway lit at all times if noone's walking through it?
Hot water in our apartment has yet to be an issue which is a blessing. We don't have wireless, let alone any kind of internet in our apartment. Hm, other than that this place is pretty standard. Oh, every bathroom in italy comes equipped with a bidet fyi.
obv that's the kitchen.


Below is where the magic happens. I share this room with my one and only roommate Clare Pankey. Mines the messier one on the right (i suppose i could have made my bed before i took this picture...) Clare and I actually have matched bed spreads believe it or not but you can't see that underneath the 2 15lbs wool blankets i sleep with every night cause its SO damn cold in our apartment



Above is the view from my window. This was taken on the one and only day the sun has been out in Perugia. Today is Monday, and that was taken on last Wednesday. There are actually mountains in the backgroup but the fog in this city is unreal. Ill get a better picture when the weather allows.

Fog. This is Corso Vanucci, basically the main road in Perugia. At one end is Piazza Italia (where the bus stops) and at the other end is Piazza Novembre (where everyone hangs out-weather permitted of course) When we all first got here, on Jan 5th, the city was still decorated for Christmas and it was beautiful. This picture doesn't do it justice, ill try to find a better one I'm sure Casey has one. And then below is the fountain at Piazza Novembre. I think i was sitting on the steps when i took this? Anyway, there are steps behind the fountain, basically the heart of Perugia. Every sat on them on that one sunny day.


1 comment:

mrswright927 said...

Everything looks so great. Dad and I can't believe how quickly you have assimilated to your environment.
I hope the weather is getting better.
Keep this going, it is great!!
love you,
Mom and Dad