Wednesday 16 January 2008

9am walk to Class every morning

This morning I decided to my a little photo tour of my walk to school every morning.
Here is my apartment door.

We live about 4 floors up, I LOVE this stair case.


At night, when I can't quite see my front door I feel around for those spikes. I could also probably kill someone if I pushed them into it. I really love this door too.

Here's my Cobble Stone street, Via Guerriera-- can you imagine the rent in NYC for this bad boy?


I'm not quite sure where this sign is pointing to but there are quite a few around me


Doesn't compare to the peace signs off of Lupitelli.


I see this dog almost every day. Dogs in Italy are far too well behaved for leashes. He was clearly in a rush this morning and ran right by me.


St. Sign. V=U


Oh yes, the flight of 180 steps. Mind you the steps in Italy are the most awkward distance from eachother. Way to little for a comfortable stride but also too far apart to skip; not at all for tall folk.


Once you get to the top of the stairs you still have to continue up hill for a good bit. (Witness the fitness)


Flat land!! This is Piazza Matteotti, one of the two main streets in the center of Perugia. The other is parallel and to the left; Curso Vanucci.
How cool is that carosel? It runs every night, rain or shine!


Thank goodness this place isn't open yes becuase I'd probably have gelato every morning for breakfast. This gelato makes you gitty its so damn good.
****there is a Grom in NYC on Broadway on 70something (i forget what the guy told me but it's Upper West) GO TO IT PLEASE****


And alas, I have arrive on Via Mazzini at the Umbra III building where I take my 9am Italian class.












No comments: