Thursday 7 February 2008

DUBLIN<3

This weekend Lauren and I traveled outside the EU for the first time to sunny Dublin! Just when the weather started getting warm and sunny here we leave to where its FREEZING and rainy- but 100% worth it. Lauren's roommate, Emmie, from Penn State is staying in Dublin in Dundrum for the semester so I got to meet her and she's soo cute!
We came this weekend because Ireland was playing a huge match against Italy in rugby on Saturday so we got to fit in with the Italians HA.
I honestly missed hearing Italian everyday and had to stop myself from saying Ciao everytime i walked into a store.
I didn't get to see Emily- she had just moved in that weekend and was busy, plus we couldn't get in touch with eachother all weekend. I did see Ryan and met a bunch of his 'lads'. Irish people are so fun and nice! Really anyone is friendly compared to these Italians.
In Italy, people don't make eye contact when you walk down the street-something we Americans do all the time- and when you do do (hah) that here it's like a come-on SO i've definitely trained myself to look down. I noticed i do it by default now after being in IReland. I'm pretty much a full-breaded Italian.
I got to speak Italian in the streets of Dublin so some random rugby fans- i was THRILLED though not sure how excited the man i spoke to was.
All in all the weekend was perfect! Lauren and I were glad to be back in Perugia after the weekend though. It was strange traveling back 'home' to a foreign country. It'll be even weirder when Perugia isn't my home anymore. sigh
One HUGE barrell of yummy Guinnes!
I once tried to do this working at Metro- clearly this guy can do it better.
People sign notes and post them at the end of the tour
"Ci piace Ireland- we like ireland!"

Gravity Bar at the top of the factory- Overlooks all of Dub!
My Goodness My Guinness

That's the batch number of the batch of beer Emmie is single handedly responsible for brewing. She pushed the magic button that starts the batch. Quite the big deal (no, not really)





No comments: